You know that feeling.
That euphoric feeling you get when you get in a ten mile radius of books. For me, once I get in the store I can barely contain my excitement. I run to those gorgeous babies, and grab and buy, and grab and buy, and grab and buy… My wallet becomes dry fast that way. It seems as if it’s a love/hate relationship when you buy books. You wish that you had saved the money. You wish that you had stayed on your ban. You wish that you would’ve waited.
But… but… but… they’re BOOKS!!!
That’s what we always say, but my wallet has a few things to say for itself.
So, how do you control yourself at the bookstore, and not go crazy, buying everything you see?
That’s what I do. And I realize that this may not work for everyone, but it may help.
I set aside how much I want to spend, which books I’d like to purchase in the near future, books to pre-order, and the books that I’ll purchase later on.
Usually the only time I’ll ignore “the list” is when there’s an incredible deal, that I just can’t pass up.
Here’s an example of my list!
•Books to buy in the near future•
• The Lux series – Jennifer L. Armentrout
• Black Iris & Unteachable (to be bought together) – Lea Raeder
• Volition & Ignite (also to be bought together) – Lily Paradis
• The Selection series – Kiera Cass
• Jellicoe Road – Melina Marchetta
• The Mara Dyer trilogy – Michelle Hodkin
• Newflesh trilogy – Mira Grant
• Confess – Colleen Hoover
• Books to pre-order •
• Chimera – Mira Grant (Nov. 24, 2015)
• The Last Star (Fifth Wave) – Rick Yancey
• Books to buy later on •
• Daughter of Smoke and Bone series – Laini Taylor
• The Fifth Wave & Infinite Sea (buy together) – Rick Yancey
• The Hobbit and LotR (buy together) – J. R. R. Tolkien
• The Wrath and the Dawn – Renee Ahdieh
So that’s just a small sampling of my list. It really has been helpful. Especially this past month (I’ve bought so many books), I remembered what I should buy, and stuck to the list ( yes, it can be hard to do!).
I hope this helps, and make buying books an easier process!!